Friday, July 5, 2013

Music Teacher Retirement

Whew! With the busy end to the school year, I am finally getting a chance to post this special card that was made for one special lady that retired on our staff this year! I just love how this card turned out and the photos definitely don't do it justice. I was in a hurry and my camera was making the card blue instead of purple, so I had to take pics with my phone and the lighting is still not right, but it gives you a good idea. Yes, :) I did decorate the back of the card as well as we needed lots of space for all of our staff to sign and Mary Ellen loves Grand Piano's and I couldn't help but include that somewhere. I am also so proud that I made all the pattern paper on this card. The two musical ones are done with a Penny Black background stamp and the black music paper was downloaded and printed from My Memories digital papers. The inside sentiment was computer generated and then that adorable chalkboard was stamped around it afterwards. It is hard to see but the musical notes on the inside and her hair barrette are shined up with glossy accents.





Supplies Used:

Paper: MFT and Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento, CTMH and MFT
Markers: Copic Sketch, Multiliner, Spica and Sakura
Stamps: MFT, Gina K Designs, Penny Black and Lawn Fawn
Dies: MFT, Spellbinders
Gems: unknown
Button & Twine: MFT
Glossy Accents

Challenges I would like to enter this card into:

Crafts and Me Challenges - anything goes
Divas by Design - Cute
Make It Monday - anything goes
Inklings and Yarns - anything goes
Stampin Royalty - anything goes
Inky Chicks - anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes
Through the Craftroom Door - anything goes

Thanks for stopping in! Now that it is summer, perhaps I will find some time to create!!!




9 comments:

  1. I love this card Katherine!! beautiful layout, coloring and image!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I love purple and I love the music not paper on your card too..second the Image is sooo cuuuteee...great layout too and love all the details on your card...Adorable card..

    I see your card on MIM and if you like to see my card is number 209 :) thanks before if you like to leave me some love...I would be so glad...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, I love the colors!! Popped over from MIM.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a cardmaker who is also a pianist, I appreciate your thoughtful, hard work that went into creating this card. I'm sure the teacher will love this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card ,I bet the teacher will too ,so much thought has gone into it and I love the colours
    Thanks for joining unseat MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cute card...love your colouring and details...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute project. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, i love this! my husband is a piano player, so it makes it even MORE appealing to me! I love all the details, and little music notes everywhere!! thanks for playing along with this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the Inky Linky!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx