Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Eat Cake!

Happy Birthday to my mom (a day early)! Hopefully, she doesn't check my blog today, but if you do - I hope you have a great day tomorrow and I love you lots! Anyhoo, I wanted to make a really special card for my mom this year and when I saw this Stella image, I knew I had to use it, because she always makes me smile!


Inside of Card:

Card and Envelope: Also used a flash so you can see sparkle on hat and cake better.
Can you see the liquid glass on her glasses and balloon hi-lite?
Supplies Used:

Stamps on Envelope: Small flower (Penny Black); Large flower (studio G)
Stella, greeting and presents on inside: Bugaboo Digi
Inside greeting: computer font
DP: DCWV
White Paper: X-Press It
Cardstock: Bazzill's
Markers: Copic
Pen: Copic - Chocolate Spica
Punch: Martha Stewart
Gems: Colorbok
Small Flowers: Prima
Large Flowers: Unknown
Sparkle: Liquid Glass (CTMH); Star Dust Stickles
Ink: Chocolate (CTMH)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - Anything goes
Simply Create Too - Layers, Layers and more Layers
Stamp and Create - Anything goes
CES challenges - Anything goes
Birthday Sundaes - Anything goes

Have a super crafty day,

13 comments:

  1. Love your card Katherine and what a great sentiment. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card & image- great coloring! :)Amy
    http://amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fabulous card Katherine
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the colours! I'm sure your mom will love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, love how you colored Stella. thanks for palying at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathrine: Too cute sentiment--wonderful job too! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our "Layers, Layers, & More Layers Challenge"--looking forward to seeing your entries in our upcoming challenges.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, I like this stamp, :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card - love the image! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this card. The colors you chose are GREAT and I love the flowers...so pretty. I'm sure your mom loved this card. Thanks for entering it in the Catch the Bug challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried colouring Stella with brown hair (always seem to go for grey) - may have to give it a go after seeing how well it turned out. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this week at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! What a fun image and it's beautifully colored.

    Belated birthday wishes to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMEN! another fun and fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one is the best cards for the mom wishes birthday.It look so colorful crafting creations.Thanx to share with us.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx